Thank you for showing an interest in working for Left Handed Giant.
We are a small, independent brewery based in Bristol with a focus on experimental, quality led modern beer. At Left Handed Giant we brew clean, sessionable beers within our Finzels brewery and innovative, boundary pushing beers at our St Philips brewery. Throughout the beers we brew we have a focus on quality, consistency and drinkability which has gained us an international reputation. As a business we aim to stay small, to stay independent, and to always keep quality, innovation and the health and happiness of our people as our priority.
We are currently recruiting the following positions:
This is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious chef to get into a fast moving and progressive company at management level. You'll have the opportunity to fully develop a menu and build your own team from the ground up.
The initial opportunity is within a new pizza led venue in Bristol city centre. However, we aim to open multiple sites throughout Bristol over the coming 2 years with diverse, modern and exciting vegetarian and vegan street food offerings. The menu will be created and curated by our executive chef, and the successful candidate should have the experience, imagination and confidence to create menus in multiple styles.
While the post is initially based in a single pizza focused site the opportunity will quickly expand into multiple venues. As such any applicant should display the skill set and experience to be able to manage large teams over multiple locations.
The opportunity is there to develop within the company and benefit from share options. We would like the candidate to be one of the companies key decision makers and ultimately join the companies board of directors.
- Implement a quality led menu where possible using locally sourced ingredients.
- Have a passion for vegetarian and vegan foods, and a strong desire to ensure minimal environmental impact
- Manage the companies budgets, GP’s, labour etc
- Employ, coach, develop and train the team to ensure the highest standards of produce and service
- Ideally, have previous experience operating a high volume pizza operation
- Ideally, have previous experience of running a multi-site venue as a Head Chef or Executive Chef is desired for this role (hotels, contract catering, events venue etc)
- Consistently review local and national trends to ensure we are continuously evolving
What you get:
Salary bracket: £30k plus pa, actual salary entirely dependant upon experience.
Bonus structure, inc share options
Private health care
Increasing additional paid holidays year 2 - 5
Work within a Carbon Neutral Business which is committed to its social and environmental responsibility.
To Apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Chef in subject line.